Non-stick olive oil spray
2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
11/2 teaspoons of herb of choice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup tomato sauce or your favorite pizza sauce
1 tablespoon of garlic powder or fresh garlic
Turkey pepperoni Optional
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 430ºF.
2. Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
3. In another bowl lightly beat egg
4. Add in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese,salt and pepper, garlic and herbs of choice
5. Once combined, spray parchment lightly with non-stick olive oil spray, and pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan.
6. Bake until golden. Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and toppings of choice.
7. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes or so.
And there you have it! A great alternative to a bread crust. Instead of regular pepperoni I used turkey pepperoni. This recipe is AMAZING my daughter, niece, sisters and husband weren’t able to tell it wasn’t a bread crust until I told them. They were so surprised.
Try this recipe for your family, friends and even co-workers. See if they can figure it out. If not it will be our little secret! =) You can use any type of toppings you like i’ve even done a supreme (My Favorite). Let me know how this works out for you
-The hot cooking momma